Friday, July 6, 2007

Jesus' Blood Never Fails Me

No words can express how i am feeling. this has been the best week of my entire life and i have met some of the most passionate, caring people ever. i can not believe that i am leaving tomorrow. this is all just too much for words. the last day of english class was really awesome. i gave my testimony of how God has worked in and through me, which Anya translated. Helen and Soosanna told me later how they liked how i related to them on the fact that i haven't 'grown up in church' my whole life. A bunch of the other English class kids talked about what God had done in their lives. Marsel talked about his relationship with Jesus and how he's involved in the music ministry at the church back home. He also spoke bitterly of corruption in churches and how he wishes to change that. Sophia said of how she became a Christian when she was 11. Soosanna sort of talked about last night but she didn't really know any words for what happened. I knew exactly where she was coming from.. it's like you can't explain anything because it's all in your heart and it's brand new. She spoke about being afraid of her parents' rejection. But everything she said was so beautiful. She has this unstoppable joy that is just amazing.






i met two of Ira's friends that came up for the day. Taiya and I were with Artem's squad for rec; which was a lot of fun. Their squad is one of the smaller ones but they were so together and fired up all the time.
Evening program and Boom were incredible; but it hit me that it was going to be my last one. I started to say some goodbyes to people i knew i wouldn't see before i left; which got me really sad. The translators threw the girls a surprise going away party at the Hilton, which was really sweet. they each gave us presents and prayed over us. it was beautiful.

then i got to really talk with Dasha and Anya. they went off to bed and i stayed up; just watching the rain fall outside our window in the hall. I just started to cry when i thought about the fact that this may be the last time i see some of these awesome people i've made such great friendships with. I hope each person i've met has come to see how much of an impact they've had on me.


ASPIRE TO INSPIRE <3

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

That is incredible Jess...