Sunday, July 1, 2007

Hollywood!

-Dasha!, me, & Soosanna-


Marcus Clement says: "After already seeing kids come and go for the first camp and seeing their lives being touched, I have an amazing feelng about the way that God is going to work through us."

Today was very busy and i was still sort of worn out from the long day/night in Kyiv. It was normal schedule stuff (Bible study, breakfast, ministry prep) until lunch. Right after, our team got split up. Some people went to the train station to greet the students. Some of us were at the front gate. But most of us and the summer staffers were in the 'Hard Rock Cafe' (cafeteria) doing English testing, including me. I tested a huge variety of kids and got a couple ideas of who i thought would be in my class. After, i hung out in the quad and in front of the girls' dorm (Hilton) and met some very nice people. I met my roomates: Anya and Dasha! i'm also rooming with Gulya, one of the fantastic translators. I am very excited. Anya is from a Messianic Jewish church (sweet!) and Dasha came with them but doesn't have a relationship with God or anything. They are both from a church that i obviously can't pronounce.. but they are from Squad Three.. and just from today i can tell i'm going to love all of these girls.


Marina, Ala, Dasha!, Marsha, Me, Anya!, Alaina, Soosanna, Olya :)








The majority of the rest of the day was basically hang out time, and get to know you sort of stuff. All of the Ukranian kids here play this game called Little River... where everyone holds hands like London bridge except its a ton of pairs. Everytime you go through the hands, you grab one person and hold hands with them. It's sort of random, but hey.


There's also this huge game where everyone stands in a circle and you have to mimick what one person in the center of the circle is doing.. all while singing 'Hey girl, do your thing.. do your thing, Switch!" One of the youth pastors got hardcore into it.







1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh my gosh, we did a game almost exactly like that at student life several years ago...the imitating one I mean. HAHA! I'll have to tell you all about it!